I didn’t make it to the National Archives when we went in week 3, but at the moment there is a Max Dupain exhibition on the NAA website on the online exhibition collection, so I though I might talk about some of images, as he is an important Australia artist whose photographs represent Australian culture.
Max Dupain’s photographs represents many aspects of Australia, showing Australia’s culture, industry, architecture, and both the rural and urban side of the country. The below photograph was taken in 1969 and is of the Sydney Opera House when it was still under construction. This image shows one of Australia’s most famous pieces of architecture not in its complete form as it is today. The Sydney Opera House is an important landmark of Australia and I think this particular photograph is important to Australia culture as it shows this unique building being built, on its way to what it is today.

Image ref. http://www.naa.gov.au/whats-on/online/showcases/dupain/for-media/opera-house.aspx
This photograph below shows Australians playing cricket on a beach in Melbourne. This photograph shows young Australian boys having a good time and playing on the sand.

No comments:
Post a Comment