
The National Gallery of Australia
I have chosen this piece by Australian artist Brett Whiteley mainly because he is my favourite artist, his work is amazing and it is by far my favourite piece on exhibition at the NGA. This work is entitled 'Interior with time past', created in 1976 and purchased in 1978. The piece consists of a mixture of paint, charcol and ink on canvas and the dimensions are 182 x 200 cm. I think this artwork is so great as there is so much happening the piece, the colours whiteley has used create a very australian feel along with the view from the window, which I think is Sydney harbour as Whiteley has produced many Sydney based artworks. I also like the abstract painting style used, which Whiteley is well-known for.
Image ref. http://artsearch.nga.gov.au/Detail.cfm?IRN=115742&PICTAUS=TRUE
I have chosen this piece by Australian artist Brett Whiteley mainly because he is my favourite artist, his work is amazing and it is by far my favourite piece on exhibition at the NGA. This work is entitled 'Interior with time past', created in 1976 and purchased in 1978. The piece consists of a mixture of paint, charcol and ink on canvas and the dimensions are 182 x 200 cm. I think this artwork is so great as there is so much happening the piece, the colours whiteley has used create a very australian feel along with the view from the window, which I think is Sydney harbour as Whiteley has produced many Sydney based artworks. I also like the abstract painting style used, which Whiteley is well-known for.
Image ref. http://artsearch.nga.gov.au/Detail.cfm?IRN=115742&PICTAUS=TRUE

No comments:
Post a Comment