Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Studio Portraits

Multiple Exposure Portrait

For this ­­­portrait I chose to create a portrait of myself as a photographer and a studio model. The shot was fairly easy to set up and it was quite easy to jump between the photographer and the model. I was the photographer first, wearing the dress underneath my coat and pants under the dress, so I could easily take of the coat, hat and pants before the next flash.

I am pretty happy with the end result of my portrait, I think the overall exposure turned out quite well, as there was no transparency and minimal touching up of the background was needed. The only criticism I have with the portrait is my 'model' self which I don't think looks very professional, ie bad posture and facial expression, but apart from that I am content with the final result.

Head-Waist Portrait

I decided to keep the theme of musical instruments with this portrait, so my subject is Michael Toussaint, a music teacher and the owner of a majority of the small product instruments. I also wanted to keep this portrait fairly simple, having Michael sitting relaxed and having minimal props. I chose to shoot Michael with his twelve string guitar, to help portray his musical side. Michael is also quite attached to this instrument as it was the first one he played, so including this particular guitar in the image, gives more meaning to the portrait.

The final image that I chose was a bit underexposed, but besides from this I am also happy with this portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment