For the small product assignment I have chosen to shoot musical instruments. These are various images that I have used for research and inspiration. The red of this guitar goes great with the vibrant green of the grass and I think this combination works well. I think the way this image has been cropped is also quite effective but for product work it is important to show the brand the instrument, so if I were to shoot something similar to this then I would make sure the head of the guitar is in view.
For my assignment I have also tried to use background and props to help convey the theme of that instrument. For example with my acoustic guitar shot I used the roller door in the studio as my background to portray a garage band type setting, for the harp shoot sheet music to show the classical side and for the lute brown hesh material to show the period o
f the instrument, as lutes were a commo
n instrument in medieval times. With the amp shot I used a white background and basic setup to give the illusion of a recording studio environment. I also shot another acoustic guitar, which is quite deep in colour,
with this instrument I wanted to show a more poppy music side so I have done a similar layout as the image above. For the electric guitar I wanted a more elegant shot, as this guitar is a quite prized possession, so it is hanging against a white material background, with fairly dramatic shadows.

Below are some more images which I have collected which have effective angles and lighting styles. This image to the right would be a great shot to advertise the label, as the guitar brand is always found on the head of the guitar, (although I think this guitar in the image might be a no-name).


The image above of the violin has a great lighting setup. It manages to highlight the face of the instrument really well and has a great angle of view.
The fur material in this image is very effective in giving the viewing a sense of the kind of rock star who would play this guitar. This is something I would like to investigate with my acoustic guitar shots. It also looks quite good in black and white.
The simplicity of these two shots below is great. The background in the harp shot is really appealing to me as it gives the idea of space and silence.
All the image I have included have been taken from gettyimages.com



No comments:
Post a Comment